Thursday, April 26, 2012

april 26, 2010


I failed to mention yesterday in my “I love my city” post that I have been living here for two years now. I had a rough start here in the big city. I bounced around houses, couldn’t find a job, and even lost a friend in the process. I was stressed about my life’s direction and wasn’t sure where it was going. But I felt something in my heart that told me it was right. All the struggles and failed attempts were going to be worth it. I just knew.

And hey, it was worth it all. I love my life that I've been blessed with here. I can say with a decent amount of certainty that I’ve never been happier. My heart knew just where to lead me.

The lovely Kalindi shared this quote yesterday and it is oh-so-true:

"Its impossible", said pride.
"Its risky", said experience.
"Its pointless", said reason.
"Give it a try", whispered the heart.

Happy anniversary, Portland. Let’s hope this is a long and fruitful relationship!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that we are both in the same city again! I don't know what I'd do without my best pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience when moving to Portland. I'm so glad I did now! Happy 2 years!

    ReplyDelete